Upgrading the Radio YourWay LX to the Optional Firmware Version 1.10
IMPORTANT: Please remove any external memory cards before proceeding or an error
may occur. Also, disable all Timer Schedules made. To disable Timer Schedules, press and
hold the Timer button for 3 seconds. This will take you into the Timer mode. Select the
schedule to delete, go down to Type, select Disable then save. Repeat procedure until all
Timers are deleted.
Note: Both step one and step two below must be completed for the upgrade to work
Step 1 - Upgrade the Firmware:
- Download the required firmware
upgrade v1.10 files.
- Connect the Pogo Radio Yourway LX to your PC or MAC via the USB Port.
- Drag and drop the firmware FWUP_PRY_MLX_060222_0140.YUF (286KB) file
to the root directory of the Radio YourWay LX.
- Disconnect the Radio YourWay LX from your PC/MAC
- Hold PLAY to turn the unit on and the firmware will upgrade.
- After the firmware is upgraded, reset the Radio YourWay LX by gently pressing the Reset button on the side. Reset instructions are also located on page 8 of the user manual that came with the Pogo Radio Yourway LX.
Step 2 - Upgrade the Font:
- Connect the product to your PC or MAC via the USB Port.
- Drag and Drop the font FTUP_PRY_MLX_060222_0140.FNT file (2.35 MB) to
the root directory of the Radio YourWay LX.
- Disconnect the Radio YourWay LX from your PC/MAC.
- Hold PLAY to turn the unit on and the font will upgrade.
- After the font is upgraded, perform a complete format:
To perform a complete format, enable the hold switch on the side while the unit is
turned on. Press and hold the Erase button then gently press the Reset button.
Continue to hold Erase until you see "Format Please Wait". Release the
Erase button and disable the Hold switch. The complete format and firmware
upgrade are now complete.
Q. What is the root directory?
The root directory is the top directory in a file system. Basically the root is the main
directory of the unit. Do not confuse this with a sub directory (i.e. AM folder etc)
that resides within the root directory. The root is the drive letter
(i.e. E, F, G etc depending on computer) that shows up under “My Computer”
Where you normally access the LX from. Drag and drop the firmware file in there.
This firmware (v1.10) addresses the following issues:
- Viewing Scheduled Recordings on Mac
- Minor bugs found fixed
- Mac ID3 Tag issue fixed.
- Adds Europe AM/FM band selectable
Note: Switching between USA and Europe will erase timer settings
and station presets.
Press menu and select “Band Area” choose between USA and Europe and
press PLAY then select YES.
- Timer recording improved, missed timer issue fixed.
- Resume Play improved, lost resume issue fixed.
- FF/REW improved, unit stopping when rewinding long files issue fixed.
- Random play improved, more files used during random play.
- Minor bugs found fixed.
- Overlap Timer recording issue solved.
- Internal Clock improved.
- Internal format option selectable while in radio mode.
- Mic-in recording procedure changed.
User must now select Mic/Ext Mic option (under the Record Menu to line-In/Mic to
Mic/Ext-Mic option) to record with a non-powered microphone.