The Twin Coil Ferrite® AM Antenna is ideal for boosting most AM radio reception problems. No matter what kind of radio you're using the antenna will reduce 90% of nighttime fade out, and help reduce static and distortion. The Twin Coil can double the signal strength of any weak station during the day.
The antenna was designed to work with everything from portable radios without antenna connectors to home stereos with wire antenna terminals. Its wireless ferrite stick works on radios without antenna connectors, while the typical wire patch cord functions with radio antenna connectors found on stereos. The Twin Coil can also be used to further improve reception on the CCRadio-2E or the CCRadio-SW although they already have the antenna built in. In this case the additional antenna will only help with very weak signals where improvement is not already noticed.
If you have a favorite AM radio station but experience poor reception at the exact place where you want your radio, the Twin Coil can increase your AM radio reception significantly. The antenna element is capable of picking up a clean signal some distance from your radio and sending it to the radio and overriding the static. This feature alone can make it the ideal AM antenna because there is no other way to get a clean signal. It has the highest gain of any commercial AM antenna.
The antenna element has directional characteristics. By rotating the antenna element in a window or outside you can improve the signal strength. As with any AM Antenna, you need to take the time to experiment to find the best location and direction for the antenna. The selectively tunes and amplifies an AM radio signal of a specific frequency and inductively couples the amplified signal to either the internal loop antenna of your receiver or directly to the receiver's external antenna connectors. For best results, the antenna element should be placed away from electronic devices to send a clear signal to a radio.
(Pat. #US 6,529,169 B2)
What Is An Orphan?
- We offer a 60-day return policy on every product we sell. As a result, we occasionally receive returned products. We call these returned products orphans.
- We'll never sell you an orphan and try to pass it off as a new product. All orphans are sold at a discounted price.
- All orphans carry the same 60-day money back guarantee as our new products. This ensures you are happy with every purchase.
- We thoroughly clean and test every orphan before offering it to you.
- Orphans are limited to stock on hand and are sold on a first come first served basis.
- Click Here to View A Complete List of Currently Available Orphaned Products
Share this product with a friend!
Please complete the fields below, and we'll send your friend an email from you with a link.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.